There are a wide range of accidents and incidents that fall under the area of law we call “Personal Injury”. But whether you have suffered an accident at work or have been knocked off your bicycle by a motorist, you should know that the law is designed to ensure that you are not left out of pocket as you look to recover from any injuries that you may have sustained.
Helping you get back on your feet after a non-fault accident
While there are many law firms that advertise personal injury claim services, we believe that our specialist team are head and shoulders above other legal businesses. We operate on a no win, no fee basis and always take the time to build a close relationship with you – something that is important during a time when you may feel at your most vulnerable.
Looking for a no win, no fee personal injury solicitor in the North East?
Call us today: 0191 568 2050
Personal injury claims
In legal terms the title “Personal Injury” is used to describe any injury or illness that may have been caused or made worse by someone else’s negligence. This can include the actions of both individuals and businesses.
Under these circumstances you may be entitled to pursue a compensation claim to help recoup the money you need for treatments or to cover any time you may have lost at work. You should also note that you have three years to make a personal injury claim from the date of an accident (or from the time your illness was diagnosed).
Among the most common forms of personal injury claims are:
- Road traffic accidents – this includes motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and passengers. All road users have the right to compensation if they have been involved in a non-fault accident.
- Serious catastrophic injuries including head injuries and spinal injuries – when the very worst happens, getting the appropriate compensation to meet your future needs is essential.
- Accidents at work – if your employer has put you in danger in any way, it is your right to pursue compensation. This may include exposure to harmful substances or being asked to work with unsafe machinery.
- Accidents in public places – slips and trips may occur anywhere but if the accident has been caused because of someone else’s mistake, there may be a case to answer.
- Criminal injuries compensation claims – an injury sustained as part of a violent crime (whether mental or physical) can be lodged with the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. This can include loss of earnings or expenses associated with your injury or even the funeral expenses incurred if a loved one was killed as a result of the crime.
- Medical negligence – unfortunately medical professionals can make mistakes from time to time. You may pursue a compensation claim if an illness has been misdiagnosed or if an error has been made during surgery.
Why choose Sweeney Miller Law as your personal injury solicitors in the North East?
We believe that we are different to the other no win, no fee solicitors. Not only does our experienced team have a wealth of experience in handling all types of personal injury claims, we also recognise the importance of building close working relationships with clients during a time when they could be poorly, in pain or feeling particularly vulnerable.
If you have suffered from a serious personal injury it is possible that your life has been changed forever. We understand that this is a difficult and traumatic time for you and your family, which is why our sensitive and empathetic approach sets us apart from other law firms.
We are on hand to help you pursue the money that you are owed, as well as provide advice and support as you address the practicalities of your treatments and rehabilitation programmes. We are always happy to arrange home or hospital visits so that you remain as comfortable as possible. Restricted movement should not slow the progress of your case.
Ready to proceed with a personal injury claim?
Call us today: 0191 568 2050