Sound legal advice and support to take the stress out of conveyancing
Buying or selling a property is well known for being among the most stressful times in life. Whether you are a new homeowner buying for the very first time or a seasoned investor adding to your portfolio, the fears surrounding a home move or property purchase never truly go away. With so many things to consider, it is important that the conveyancing stage goes smoothly – and in a timely fashion.
Are you looking to buy a new property?
What is conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the name given to the legal and administrative work entailed in the transfer of ownership of a property or land. The sale or purchase of a home is among the largest financial transactions you are ever likely to make and so it is important that you have a legal expert on hand to support you during this process.
As experts in residential property matters, we use all of our experience to ensure that we support you every step of the way. For more information on the process, we have prepared a helpful guide, which you can read here. Alternatively please watch video below.
Why choose Sweeney Miller Law
There is no substitute for experience in property law. Having helped thousands of people to make their dream move become a reality, our specialist conveyancing team are perfectly placed to support you through your move. With experts working out of both our Newcastle and Sunderland offices we are well placed to cater for clients across the region.
What should you ask when instructing a conveyancing solicitor?
It is important that you feel comfortable with your choice of legal representation, no matter what the area of law. That’s why we welcome questions that may help put your mind at rest:
- Ask us about terminology – don’t worry if you aren’t familiar with terms like “exchange”, “completion”, “searches” or even “conveyancing”. Please always feel free to ask a member of our property team to clarify for you. Once you understand the process and the legal terms involved in your service, things are more likely to run smoothly.
- Ask us about costs – conveyancing requires us to liaise with local authorities and third parties in order to complete our searches. Don’t be afraid to ask us about our own fees and associated costs from these external organisations. We don’t believe in hidden costs.
- Ask us about timescales – an important part of the organisation in a home move is understanding how long each facet takes. We can help you understand how long you can expect each step to take so that you can plan accordingly.
For details of our costs, click HERE
Find out more with our related blog post:
- How do conveyancers help me sell my house?
- What is Japanese Knotweed and why does it pose a problem for homebuyers?