Experienced, compassionate legal advice for your housing disrepair claim

If you are living in a property rented from a housing association, local authority or private landlord which is in a poor state of repair and the landlord does nothing to fix the problem after you have reported it to them, our housing disrepair solicitors may be able to help.

Call us today


What is Housing Disrepair Claim?

The law imposes strict requirements on all landlords, including social housing associations and local authorities, to make sure that their property is kept in a good state of repair, such as:

  • Dealing with dampness and/or mould problems within the property
  • Fixing any problems with the boiler/heating system
  • Issues with the structure of the building, including drains, gutters, roofs, foundations, brickwork, windows and external pipes
  • Keeping the water, gas, electricity and sanitation including basins, sinks, baths and toilets in proper working order

A housing disrepair claim will force your landlord, council or housing association to carry out the repairs needed, and where appropriate, entitling you to claim compensation for any losses you may have suffered.

If you think you may have a claim, contact our housing disrepair solicitors for a no obligation discussion about your case on 0345 900 5401 or fill in the contact form below and we will call you back.

Rental Housing Disrepair FAQs

Once we receive further details about your case, including any photos as evidence, if we think you will be entitled to make a claim, we will advise on your funding options.